YouTube is reported to be acquiring video game streaming start-up named Twitch. It is a popular platform for video gamers.
The deal is in final stage and the budget of the sale has not yet been disclosed. However, it is assumed the deal amount may be more than $1 billion. Once the world’s largest video-sharing community acquires Twitch, it will get benefit in securing foothold in the game-play video market.
YouTube also may aim in future to become one of the biggest brands to major alternative to cable and broadcast television. The company will acquire advertisers too apart from huge viewers.
Twitch currently caters to attractive demographic. Its users are typically younger generation and tech-savvy people who have time and money to spend. Presently it gets over 45 million gamers every month.
Twitch is a San Francisco-based company and was launched in 2011.
For Further Reading:
- German court orders Google’s YouTube to filter video uploads for copyright abuse
- DirectTV Rumored To Acquire Hulu Streaming-Video Site
- Wire Your Old And New Video Game System In One Television (Part -I)
- Wire Your Old And New Video Game System In One Television (Part -II)
- Free Apps for playing YouTube videos
- Wire Your Old And New Video Game System In One Television (Part – III)
- Top 5 Chrome Extensions For Those Who Are Addicted To YouTube (Part II)
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or