It is time for Intel to step out of the competition from AMD and Nvidia. Current research project of the chip giant is doing so. Dubbed Rosepoint, the engineers at Intel now have managed to bring together digital 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio and low-power Atom CPU in a single chip.
It may sound simple, but bringing the low-power Atom CPU and WiFi radio isn’t easy. Intel has not only punched the two in one, but has also figured out how to eliminate radio wave emissions, which may cause interference between the CPU and WiFi. The final researched chip also increases the power efficiency.
Currently the chip is in research stage. By year 2015 it is believed to be invading the laptops.
Intel goes a step further. It is also trying to place radio antennas into it. Need to wait to hear more from Intel.
For Further Reading:
- Even Chip Makers Like Intel Have New Tablets and Smartphones Coming Up
- Acer’s Aspire One D270 now available for pre-order
- Intel to launch 313 Series Caching SSDs for Ivy Bridge
- Viruses mostly sent in e-mails early morning: Research
- Research Shows Internet Explorer Users To Have Lower IQ
- Intel Xeon E5-2400 Revealed With The Final Specifications
- Single-click credit card checkout launched by Buck
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or