Walmart and T-Mobile are offering the newly launched iPhone 5C at a discount thought Apple selling it at the announced price. The pre-order of the device has started and the iDevice giant is selling it for $99 under a two-year contract and for $549 without any contract.
Walmart has announced to sell the iPhone 5C for $79 and T-Mobile has come up with a price tag of $528 without a contract. Other re-sellers are expected to follow the Apple’s footstep.
Analysts say the discounts on a brand new phone tend to hamper the status of Apple of being a luxury brand. It is a huge mistake calls some.
Usually manufacturers influence the price of its products at retailers end, but in this case it is not clear whether Apple is doing so. However, one thing is to be considered that the mobile environment for high-end phones have become more competitive now than what it was few years ago.
For Further Reading:
- Walmart Cuts Down iPhone 5 Price To $98 Under Contract
- Walmart selling no-contract Apple’s iPhone 5, iPhone 4
- Apple keeps iPhone 5 price same as iPhone 4S
- Deal Alert: T-Mobile Brings iPhone 5 For $100 Under No Contract
- Deal Alert: Sprint drops iPhone 4S price to $149
- Walmart Offers Grocery Money For iPhone, iPad, Galaxy S3
- Virgin Mobile selling iPhone 4, iPhone 4S contract free
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or