It is rumored through Forbes, citing former AMD employees, PlayStation 4′s graphics processing technology may be designed by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).
Frobes web-site said though former AMD employees did not mention any details or given any evidence about the proceedings, but confirmed that AMD chips will be used in the next-generation PS4 video game console.
Currently Nvidia Corp. chips power the PlayStation 3.
As of now, AMD GPU is featured in Xbox 360. However, there is no further news whether the next version of Xbox will be using the AMD technology.
At the analyst day of AMD in January this year, the Chief Financial Officer said gaming is one of the several trends in the industry that will drive more revenue to the company in 2012.
For Further Reading:
- Xbox 720 In 2013 And Playstation 4 In 2014
- No PlayStation 4 soon says Sony
- Things to know about PlayStation Vita
- Playstation Supercomputer For The US Military!
- Insurance Companies Don’t Want To Compensate Sony For Playstation Data Breach
- Wi-Fi Radio & Atom CPU on single chip: Intel’s research
- PS4 And Xbox 720 May Release Alongside – Leaked Report
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or