It is widely rumored that Microsoft’s Xbox 720 may be equipped with ‘Ridiculously Powerful’ 16-Core CPU.
The Xbox World further rumored that last month Durango developer kits were sent out though they don’t resemble finished product in appearance.
The Xbox 720 is codenamed as Durango. It is gossiped the new console may be expected by next year. Also, Microsoft has been adamant it won’t bring it to E3 2012.
Xbox 720 to have AMD’s Radeon 7000-series where graphics is concerned and recent rumors says it would have 16-core IBM Power PC CPU.
The Xbox World report also mentions, “Kinect 2 could chew up four whole cores tracking multiple players right down to their fingertips, so it’ll need a lot of power.”
However, Microsoft has not said a word on the rumor.
For Further Reading:
- No announcement of Xbox 720 at E3: Microsoft
- Xbox 360 Beta Dashboard Is Now Available
- Xbox 360 Live Dashboard Update Coming On December 6
- Next Xbox console may have two GPUs: Rumor
- PlayStation 4 to be launched before Xbox 720
- Microsoft soon to offer ‘constant updates’ on Xbox Live
- Xbox 720 In 2013 And Playstation 4 In 2014
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or