Now that the iOS 5.1 firmware update is available, the jailbreak community also updated the software for iOS 5.1 jailbreak. If you can stick to tethered version of jailbreak, you can follow a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 5.1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2.
iPhone Dev Team’s Redsn0w 0.9. 10b6 supports iOS 5.1 jailbreak, although it doesn’t support the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS using the UltraSn0w 1.2.5. Now, the hackers had their time to come up with a solution by releasing ultrasn0w unlock for iOS 5.1 compatibility using Ultrasn0w Fixer Patch for iOS 5.1.
Basically, the Ultrasn0w Fixer for 5.1 patches the ultrasn0w unlock which the iPhone Dev-Team worked on the iOS 5.1 jailbroken iPhone. The Ultrasn0w Fixer was developed by msftguy and zmaster, it is available for download in repo, just type: http://repo.iparelhos.com. The Ultrasn0w Fixer supports the modem basebands listed below.
- 01.59.00 (iPhone 4)
- 04.26.08 (iPhone 3GS)
- 05.11.07 (iPhone 3GS)
- 05.12.01 (iPhone 3GS)
- 05.13.04 (iPhone 3GS)
- 06.15.00 (iPhone 3GS)
Step-by-step guide on how to unlock iOS 5.1 using UltraSn0w Fixer for 5.1
Step 1: You need to jailbreak your device using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6. Before you proceed, make sure you preserve the baseband from being upgraded. You should create custom IPSW iOS 5.1. Owners of iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS can use the redsn0w’s “Custom IPSW” button for you to create a NO_BB_* version of the 5.1 IPSW and then restore to that instead of using the stock one. Don’t restore your device with the stock Apple IPSW. Your device will be locked. However, if you’re device is running with the preserved band, skip this step and proceed to step 2.
To create a custom 5.1 iOS firmware to preserve Baseband
- Launch the RedSn0w, next select the “Extras” and then click “Custom IPSW.”
- Search for the iOS 5.2 Stock firmware, Redsn0w will run a number of background processes to create the custom IPSW, take note that this is pre-jailbroken with the preserved baseband.
- Navigate to “Extras” then Pwned DFU and restore to your custom iOS 5.1 firmware (see Step 2) in iTunes.
Step 2: Now that your device is successfully jailbroken, launch the Cydia from your device’s Springboard.
Step 3: Tap “Manage” tab then tap “Sources”
Step 4: Tap Edit > Add, you’ll see a dialog box asking for a URL
Step 5: Type this URL: http://repo.iparelhos.com then press “Add Source.”
Step 6: Wait until repository finishes loading the sources then tap “iParelhos repo” there you’ll see “UltraSn0w Fixer” utility.
Step 7: Select eh Fixer utility the tap the “Install”. It’s in the top-right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 8: After installation, simply install the “ultrasn0w 1.2.5.”
Step 9: Finally, reboot your device and check if it is unlocked on the latest iOS 5.1 IPSW.
For Further Reading:
- Step by Step Guide To Unlock iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.3.1 With PwnageTool
- How To Unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2
- How To Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad On iOS 5.1 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2
- How To Update iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with PwnageTool 4.1.3 for iOS 4.2.1 Unlock
- Sn0wbreeze 2.5 For Windows: iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak For iPad, iPhone And iPod
- How To Jailbreak iOS 4.3 Beta on iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool
- Jailbreak And Unlock Solution For iphone 2G, 3G, 3Gs And iPhone 4
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or