Google is all set to launch its Ara phone in Puerto Rico as a testing ground.
Ara is a modular handset click-on components. It is a concept device that consists of a base unit for users to add modules and build up their own handset.
On Wednesday at the second developer conference in Mountain View, California, Google’s Advanced Technology and Projects (ATAP) group showcased a prototype of the device dubbed as Spiral 2.
Google started the design process of Spiral 2 last year in Julhy and in late December the final product was delivered by Taiwan-based contract manufacturer Quanta.
Google describes the Spiral 2 to have an on-device network with Toshiba UniPro switch and bridge ASICs (application specific integrated-circuits) at the centre.
It is now rumored Google may begin with its market plan in Puerto Rico later this year.
For Further Reading:
- Google Launching Modular Handset Ara In Puerto Rico
- Google To Launch New Set-Top Box?
- Google Nexus 5, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Rumored To Launch In October
- Google To Launch Moto X In UK, Germany, France In February
- Google Launches Moto X Smartphone, First Phone Made In US
- Rumor mill: Google’s Nexus 10 to launch in early-2013
- Google may launch Nexus 10-inch tablet too
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or