The latest version of the Fedora Linux distribution, Fedora 16 Verne is now officially available for download. This new version of Fedora comes with number of developments as they are accustomed to its developers.
At the outset we find that the Verne has GNOME Shell 3.2, although there is still an option given for the use of KDE SC 4.7. Added to this, is the inclusion of Linux kernel 3.1 (released a few weeks ago) GRUB 2, the elimination of HAL and greater integration of systemd.
But that’s not all, because Verne is specially adapted to operate with the Cloud Computing and virtualization, for which they have included a number of tools and applications. Some of them are: Condor Cloud, Pacemaker-cloud, HekaFS, Aeolus Driver and OpenStack .
If are interested in reviewing the detail list of changes which comes with Fedora 16 Verne, take a look at the official release documentation. If you wish to download and install this latest Fedora Linux distribution, just follow this link where you will find the different versions available.
Fedora 16 Verne – GNOME 3.2:
For Further Reading:
- Fedora 15 Beta Released And Available For Download
- Top 5 Linux Distributions
- Adobe Flash Player 11 Review
- Milestones Achieved By Linux In 20 Years [Infographic]
- Microsoft Sends Video Tribute To Linux For Completing 20 Years
- Firefox 5 Beta Available For Download
- Air Force’s Security Enhanced Linux Distribution Download
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or