Many people jailbreak their Apple iDevices only to add some new features to them. Otherwise Jailbreaking will not be the frequently discussed topics around the online world and people will never search for the jailbreaking tools and methods. Even with jailbroken apps, still now people found it difficult to find new themes for their iDevices Home screen. To solve this long-standing issue, Jay Freeman, the master of all jailbreaks added a new feature “Theme Center” with Cydia via a new update.
This new update allow the iDevice users to maintain a database of all the apps they have previously purchased from the App Store which in turn helps users to search featured themes and download them in either standard or Retina Display-optimized versions.
As of now, only a limited number of themes are available for download and they are hand-picked by the staff of ModMyi or MacCiti. Even with a limited number of themes, over 15,000 people used this feature in just one hour.
This is the second feature added by Jay Freeman to Cydia and this shows his continued support for iPhone Jailbreak. People had a thought that the jailbreaking scene will fade away but with the addition of interesting features like this shows, the time will not come very soon.
Have you used the “Theme Center” feature of Cydia? How does it look? Do share your valuable opinions with us, here in the comments section.
For Further Reading:
- Taking Backups of iPhone Homescreen becomes Possible
- How to Install Jailbreak Apps on iOS 4.2.1 Devices without Cydia Using Redsn0w
- iPad with Multitasking Feature
- How To Rename Your iPhone App Icons
- How To Unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2
- How To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 GM on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod touch 4G, 3G with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2?
- From Call Center Software to Language Training: Call Centers 101
Was this post helpful? Consider subscribing via RSS or